First off we survived week one of the Paleo diet and aren’t crying for our mommies. Here are the things we’ve learned while on the Paleo diet (since I haven’t done one of these in awhile!):
– Jamey can indeed survive without cheese for a week.
– Morgan can indeed survive without peanut butter and sweets.
– Eating healthier does in fact make you feel better (Not even kidding we have talked on and on about how much better we feel)
– Morgan now drinks a gallon of water a day (A DAY!!)
– There are actually quite a lot of Paleo recipes out there and they are very tasty!
– We’ve both rediscovered our love of vegetables.
– It takes A LOT of protein to fill Jamesy up and I do mean A LOT!
– Healthy eating takes a great deal of planning, but is worth it in the end.
All kidding aside we both feel great and have not had any problems at all. I did have like two days of sugar cravings where I thought I might die if I didn’t get something sweet, but I would just eat a piece of fruit and drink a lot of water and it would pass. Jamey also had a couple of times when he couldn’t get full but mostly when we were eating out and he was having to eat salads and they just don’t put enough protein on salads these days! Jamey did cheat a little one day at Moe’s but nothing huge. Overall we have felt better and I feel like my skin has improved a good bit! We also have lost weight which is just an added bonus because neither of us really had an aim to lose weight, we just wanted to get fit and healthy. Jamey ended up losing nine pounds…no you didn’t read that wrong he really did lose nine pounds. Isn’t that crazy! Especially since I would have said he didn’t need to lose any! He says he had gained some weight though and was happy to have some of it off 🙂 I lost three pounds which I was pretty stoked about too. I’m getting back down to my weight I was when I was running a good bit awhile back. That weight lost wasn’t just from Paleo though, we have both been running most every morning and doing some cross training as well. We have also decided to do one cheat “meal” a week since most Paleo people say they do this, or follow a more 80/20 approach to Paleo. Which technically means you follow Paleo 80% of the time, but really people eat Paleo most of the time and just don’t beat themselves up if they have a cheat every once in awhile. SO after completing a full week of Paleo I received this text from the husband dearest.